05 August 2007

SP 11 Questions :)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like wool, 100% wool sock yarn, mostly. But alpaca is super duper fabulous also!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I use needle roles! And my Pony Tail! *giggle*

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for a little over a year now. My mom taught me what she knew... and then the LYS taught me the right way of doing things! I would honestly say i am intermediate.. but i love a challenge.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have kaboodle. I keep track of my wish lists and shopping lists there. it is wonderful!

5. What's your favorite scent? Ok every laughs i like the smell of clean laundry..... like that fresh linen or clean cotton sent you can find in candles.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like all things gummy!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have a drop spindle that is soo good at collecting dust it is amazing! I really should use it more often. But I also make jewlery, mostly silver and semi-precious stone pieces. I also just recieved a sewing machine as a prezzie.... so i am learning to sew.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am a mp3 freak.... and i love all kinds of music it is hard to tie me down to just a few. I currently really like Amy Winehouse (sp?). But i will give everything at least 2 listens.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love love love greens and blues.... as for as colors i dont' like... i don't use black that often. unless it has a super yummy feel!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have one daughter who will be 2 on Sept 24th, a husband who thinks he is going to be 18.... and a dog, who thinks she is a 70 pound lap dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? scarves, yes... hats, yes... mitten, oh yeah!, ponchos.. nope... not unless i am breast feeding... and i don't see that happening during this swap.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? This is tough.. i like socks. but i only have 1 of like 8 pairs.... so i have just taken up wearing mis matched socks. Hats are always fun too.

13. What are you knitting right now? I just finished one sock tonight, and when i am done with this post i am going to work the cuff on its mate. cross your fingers for me ok? I also have the invessible shawl going, and a irish hiking scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Ok do we really need to ask this question?? who doesn't love getting something handmade. it is made with love then!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? i like addi's for circs. and a good bamboo for dpns. all though the sock needle kit at knit picks has been tempting me.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes my swift is my best friend. and my yarn winder, well the dog loved it too.. it works but well... it just takes come TLC.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I have a hibernating EZ sweater that i have been mad at on and off for about 5 months now.

18. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday (august 26th) and halloween!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Hello Kitty rawks my world!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I do not have any knitting magazine subscriptions. As far as books.. i really want First Book of Modern Lace Knitting i want to do lace, it just looks sooo purty.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I want to learn color work, and get better with lace :)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am one of those big legged girls... calf is 14" (yes i know that is scary), width is 8.5" and lenght is 9". I absolutly adore footie socks though, wear them more then most things. And yes i do knit socks! :)

23. When is your birthday? August 26th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Kaytm

1 comment:

lolipops life said...

awww i thought your fav. Holiday would be St Patrick's day HEHEHEHE
it certainly become my fav