1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Sock yarn is a biggy in my book. But almost anything wool, or cheniel (sp?). Anything that feels yummy!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Needle rolls, not a crocheter yet so don't have to worry about storing hooks
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for a little over a year now. I pretty much taught myself the basics, and have taken a sock class and felted clog class. I would say my skill level is intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a kaboodle page that has lots of wish lists, and shopping lists there. http://www.kaboodle.com/kaytm/
5. What's your favorite scent?
This is going to sound weird clean laundry... yankee has a candle called clean cotton that just rocks my world!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yogurt covered pretzels are big for me. I also like chocolate by lindt i think that is the company.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have a drop spindle and am shopping for a new one. I do have a goal of a real wheel by the end of the year.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am a total MP3 freak. Mostly like mellow jam band style stuff. Dave Matthews, John Mayer, ect ect ect.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love greens all shades of green. Lime is the biggest for me right now.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a daughter who is a year and a half, almost. And a Chesapeek bay retriever. Oh yeah and I have a wonderful husband.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not a big poncho fan. Just reminds me of nursing for hours on end with the baby.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, Socks, and Socks. Also mittens, baby blankets and hats.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, a couple of pairs. And I do have my first sweater going.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
DPN's and Straights i prefer bamboo. Circs aluminum.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have both, and my friend Jen was acutaly offended the other day when i refered to them as my best friends. Damn non-knitters.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 3 months.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and my birthday.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love sheep!!!!! And stitch markers.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions right now. I am looking forward to the Harry Potter Knitting book that is coming out. I do want socks socks socks. And any other sock book out there. I hear Lime and Violet have a book in the works too.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn color work, and how to read lace charts.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I LOVE SOCKS! As far as my lenthg it is like 9.8 and width 8.4 Cubby feet.
23. When is your birthday?